SPORTS GOVERNANCE UNIT
At the Sports Governance Unit we are devoted to the principles of transparency, universal ethical standards and fair play to increase the benefit for fans, athletes, officials and society on a global scale.
The Sports Governance Unit’s mission is to support associations, clubs, businesses and governments to ensure the highest standards of integrity, compliance and good governance in the field of sports through objective analysis, profound strategic advice and efficient implementation.
The Sports Governance Unit is a specialist consultancy which advises its clients on integrity and compliance as well as on ethical issues in sports. Based on profound legal, political and media expertise, we put our know-how and experience to use for sports organizations and businesses to help them establish and reinforce principles of good governance and ESG standards. In doing so, we are committed to providing high-quality advisory services and to delivering sustainable results on a national and international level. Our clients particularly value our situational approach as we comprehensively take into consideration the specific challenges an organization faces.
ANALYSIS & INVESTIGATION
- Governance review
- Integrity check
- Risk assessment
- Organization evaluation
- Transparency control
- Reputation check
- Legal resilience test
CONSULTING & ADVICE
- Optimization of organizational structures for improved performance of governing bodies, e.g. Ethics Committee, Audit & Compliance Committee, Governance Committee
- Relation management consulting vis-à-vis authorities (penal and supervisory authorities, politics)
- Enhancement of internal procedures and processes: review systems, awarding of events, remuneration
- Design of codes of conduct (ethics code, anti-corruption code and anti-doping code) and ESG standards
- Guidance and management of cases, e.g. investigatory support
- Resolution of disputes, e.g. mediation and adjudication
- Improvement of reputation through active stakeholder management (vis-à-vis politics, the media, sponsors and academics) and professional media work
STAFFING & TRAINING
- Staffing of relevant positions, e.g. Ombudsman
- Training of officials, functionaries and staff members
- Motivational and keynote speeches
- Management of cultural change
COOPERATION AND NETWORK PARTNERS
The Sports Government Unit can draw further specialized expertise from its extensive global network of independent and distinguished professionals from the fields of law, politics, science, NGOs, business as well as the media.
Our team closely cooperates with renowned public and political organisations as well as with prestigious universities and research institutions.
- Good football governance / Need for better international sports governance, Council of Europe, Paris, 2017
- Sports Governance, Anti Corruption Working Group, G-20 / United Nations, Vienna, 2017
- Play the Game conference, Eindhoven, November 2017
- Fight against corruption and organized crime in politics, business and sports, German Police University, Münster, 2017
- 2nd World Summit on Ethics and Leadership in Sports, Zurich, 2016
- Fight against corruption within sports justice, University of Berlin, 2016
- Good Corporate Governance, IDAG, Bern, 2016
- Work of the FIFA Ethics Committee and fight against violence in the stadium, Public Prosecutors‘ Conference, Munich, 2016
- Fight against corruption in sports, The German Judge’s Academy, Trier, 2016